Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shutterbug

As a photographer I strive to take good and creative pictures of my children. This has become more and more of a problem as they become more mobile.

I was astounded over the weekend when Daniel wanted to take a picture of Spencer. He gave directions and Spencer followed.


I’m lucky if I can get my daughter to stand still for a half a second before taking off again.

All I can do is pray for a lot of light and a fast shutter speed. I can’t afford the big equipment to compensate otherwise.


But we may have discovered a plausible explanation for this behavior.

Stella, it seems, wants to be making pictures, not in pictures.

Increasingly she asks for the camera because she wants to take a picture.



And I must say, she has made some pretty good pictures.

It’s also interesting to see life from her perspective.

Below are pictures taken by our future photographer.




3 comments:

  1. I love Stella's photos. You'd better save them for when she's famous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're already tagged in the lightroom database.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does run in the family.......
    Dad

    ReplyDelete