Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Exploration


In our household everyone helps out. What a wonderful way to explore and learn and in this case, get soaked.











In an appendum to my last post regarding language development. I forgot to mention a most wonderful moment that actually triggered the post in the first place.





It has happened a couple of times and this is how I know it’s in her little noggin. I was talking with Stella one day while we were at sport. Her friend was standing next to her and she asked what I had said. Without batting an eyelash, Stella repeated exactly what I had said to her but in German. And as if bored, took off running across the room.





We’ve hit two major miles stones in our household over the holidays. The first is that Emmett is now fully walking. Albeit sometimes like a college student after a kegger but he’s walking. The transformation was amazing. Each day he would take more steps. One week if he fell over he would continue crawling. The next, when he fell over he would stand back up before taking off again.





Musical chairs. I’m not sure what the trigger was but Stella now only sits on the toilet. Emmett has replaced her on the potty. Evolution at its most visible!


1 comment: