Monday, August 2, 2010

Insurance anyone?

She’s stubborn

Nothing stands in her way.

She likes to look at pictures on Daddy’s computer.

On most occasions, she doesn’t want to join us at the dinner table.

Oh, and she can climb!


I should have been ready.


While making dinner I hear a fuss in the living room.

Between the screams and “Neins” I hear something about dinnertime and pictures afterwards.


Moments later, in walks mommy, muttering something to the effect that she’s my daughter.


All is quiet in the next room.


“Problems?”

I say, and ask if she put the computer away.

“Of course” she says, “on the table as usual.”

“DADDY!”


We both turn our heads to see Stella enter the kitchen, struggling to carry daddy’s computer, slowly slipping from her grasp as she enters the kitchen.


Stay calm, we have to disarm her.


Poker face on,


Nerves of steel.


I swiftly sweep in

I whisk the computer a way as she tries to lift the computer to me.


“Thanks honey” I say with heart racing I place it on the table.


Whew, no damage done.


Mommy and daddy look at each other, “guess we have to find a higher spot” we say in unison.”


It’s only a material thing but with so much of our lives tied to it…these stories, pictures, videos, everything else…it begs the question….


Would insurance have covered that?

1 comment: