Thursday, February 28, 2013

Handyman

Boys and their toys.
That’s how the old adage goes. 
And you can amend that to “Big Boy Toys”. 


Emmett likes his mini tool set.
He proudly carries the box around. 

He’ll hammer on anything.
Pretending to fix things. 




But when I borrowed my neighbors drill.
He would plop himself down in front of the shiny case
For what seemed an eternity.
Inspecting the drill
Opening and closing the case
Making sure all the bits were in place


 And when I picked up my new toy
He took one look at the big black box and said
“Emmett’s?”
I said no,  “Daddy’s”
He pointed and said “Emmett’s?”
And I caved and said okay, “Daddy & Emmett’s”


Of course big sister didn’t wanted to miss out on any fun either.
She likes to help just as much. 













1 comment:

  1. Boy, that sure does run in the family...
    Grandpa DeWalt

    ReplyDelete